Wednesday, May 07, 2008

It's big

Here is the latest on the quilt. I finished the borders at the head and foot with a bit of sashing in between them and the main section as you can see here.


I'm standing on a chair and a lot of it is still on the ground. With the borders, it is now 10' x 8'.

The backing was pretty easy, just two seams to attach the three 10' long black strips. Here you can see it taking up all of the living room. We had to stand up the striped brown couch on it's end to make enough room to properly spread it out.

And here's the wool batting that's been in the corner of our bedroom since January acting as the most indulgent cat bed ever. It's probably mostly cat wool now.


And finally the quilt top, the left side of my head and my shoulder. Of course I had to do all that again after the couch was moved so that I could pin the hell out of it. Over 300 pins actually. After that I could start the actual quilting which is started but still no where near done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job Jer... you make me proud to be your aunt... Keep up the good work and don't forget to oil the sewing machine... lol

Love you lots,
Aunt Helen