Monday, May 17, 2010

Psst! We're still here!

It's been a long while, I know, but after an extended trip to Canada, during which we didn't post at all, I went straight back to work, which hasn't left much time for posting. (This was exacerbated by the fact that we didn't actually take many pictures while in Canada, so we were waiting for some to come from my parents and brother. We have pictures now, and we'll blog about it soon, but in the meantime, here's a little video from last night, which should help start your week off on the right foot. While getting ready for bed, we discovered that Béla finds the sound "psst" inexplicably hysterical. Watch and see!


And since I was uploading that video anyhow, I thought I'd quickly post the video of Béla's first steps as well. That's right, he's (sort of) started walking. This is from last Tuesday, when he was 8 months and 11 days old, and he took his first real independent steps. The lighting sucks a bit, and you can't actually see his feet, but Jer was doing his best to tape it while I was at work, while still ensuring that Béla didn't brain himself. You have to be a bit patient - his better attempts come toward the end of the video. And rest assured, he's improving every day!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Ok babies laughing hysterically makes for the BEST video! definitely an awesome start to my Wednesday. And all that walking, wow! And you're right he does get better by the end of the video and that seems completely amazing to me - from diving for Jérémi to almost sauntering - go Béla!

And I love the audio in both videos where you hear Béla being spoken to in both French & English - awesome! Do you speak much German with him? Mike & Megan were saying Georgie has picked up more Swedish than them and they can't understand her and she just looks at them like "why don't you get what I'm saying?" - too funny!