Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Our Halloween costumes, and a few more from the party

A few more mention-worthy Halloween costumes, here some of the Brazilian crew, as a sailor, a baby, and a TV test pattern (he had tinfoil antennae on his hat). The two on the right were supposed to be matching bunnies, but the ears didn't work out, so then they were going to be matching babies (his costume was blue fleece). But after the costumes were washed they shrank a great deal in length, making the costume basically unwearable for him, so he came up with the last-minute test pattern idea. I thought it quite clever.
The next two pictures show a couple more Brazilians, but these guys are dressed up as luchadores, Mexican masked wrestlers. I'm sorry that only their upper bodies are shown so that you can't see the shiny spandex tights. Pretty cool costumes, overall.

And finally, the moment you've all been waiting for, the unveiling of our costumes. In preparation for our move to Germany in the new year we decided to dress up in traditional German costumes. While these costumes are really only found in regions of Bavaria, and not where we'll be living, to the average Canadian this says "German". I sewed Jeremi's lovely lederhosen out of this giant pair of vinyl pants we found at Value Village, and my dirndl was fashioned out of a dress I already had. Unfortunately the lacing didn't show up too well in this picture. And yes, that is supposed to be a blonde wig on my head, though there's really no way anyone could mistake that for my heir. I have to say that Jeremi looks the part a little more. Note the accurate construction of the front flap of the lederhosen - I'm illustrating the point in case you hadn't noticed. (It's possible that the beers I'm holding in the picture aren't our first.) Note also that I'm drinking out of the lovely personalized beer glass engraved for me by Betty Ann.

No comments: