Monday, April 21, 2008

the latest on the quilt

Tonight Jeremi finshed sewing together the 64 blocks that make up the main part of the quilt top. There's still a bit along the head and foot to be added, but this is most of it. (It also measures 8 feet square, so it's quite big as it is, but we did want it for a king size bed.)




Here's a bit more of a close-up, so you can see the detail...


And of course the obligatory picture with the cat, to show scale if nothing else.



Just to put this in perspective, he's sewn together 64 identical blocks, each composed of 21 separate pieces.  That's 1344 individual pieces painstakingly cut, sewn, and ironed.  And he's not even finshed yet.  I guess I'm pretty special.

We'll keep you posted as he progresses with the rest.  He's hoping to have it finished before he has to leave on May 4th.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really really impressive!! Good job!!

Ru said...

holy crap!

Calin said...

Cool. I am really proud of you!

Anonymous said...

It is magnificent!!
Truly magnificent.
And BIG.
mom in Ontario

Anonymous said...

Woooooooooooahhh!

Marm.

Anonymous said...

That's amazing, it looks so good, and I didn't even notice the big diamond patterns cause I was too busy looking at all the little pieces.
Cathy made me realize and I was like holly crap.

miss you guys

Nick and Cathy