Friday, March 12, 2010

Bath time!

I know that lots of parents love to brag about how their babies are little "water babies", who just love bath time. Well, that's not our son. We do try to get him in there every week or so, just to take care of basic hygiene, but it's never been so much fun for him, and lately has bordered on torture. Honestly, it sounds like we're dunking him in hot oil, to hear him scream. I thought it might help if he graduated to the big bathtub, and one of us went in with him. And so his first bath with Jeremi took place a few weeks back, and it was magical. Forgive me for posting so many pictures of a single happy bath, an event that takes place in some households nightly, but for us it was one brief moment in time, as he's since reverted to screaming. (A friend suggested nursing him in the tub, which I might try, but the water just isn't hot enough for my taste. I'll probably break down and try it this weekend though, because it's really awful.)

But back to the happiest of baths! First a little shampoo...


...playing with the rabbit sponge...
...and the rubber ducky.
Sitting on his daddy's lap to get rinsed off.

Not loving the rinsing. What could cheer this baby up?
I think he has an idea!We just have to distract him with his bath book, "Où est ta maman, petit canard?". (As an embarrassing aside, when our friends Marie and Tristan brought this book over as a gift when Béla was about 10 days old, I was so emotional that this little three page bath book made me cry. The poor duckling! He can't find his mom! They assured me that it had a happy ending. Damn hormones.)


All clean! And the duckling found his mom. (Phew!)



This is so much fun, I'll play with the bath thermometer! (Truth be told, I slipped in these last two pictures because, despite all the skin in the above post, there weren't very many pictures of Jeremi's naked torso, and a couple of our loyal readers - you know who you are - mentioned that there weren't nearly as many topless pictures of Jeremi in our pictures from Canada. What can I say? I aim to please.)
Yay! The end of a happy bath. The only happy bath. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tres belle photo.J'apprecie avoir de vos nouvelle,vous semblez etre bien.Bela est adorable.Jerimi godmother