Thursday, January 12, 2006

Jeremi's strange medical condition (tree on head disease)


Sometime about a week ago I (Julia) was talking with my mom about not knowing which day the Christmas tree pick-up was in my neighbourhood. My plan had been simply to look out the window each morning and determine on which day all the neighbours seemed to think it was. Mom didn't think that this was the greatest idea ever, so I ended up checking on the website of the city of Victoria, only to find that there is no Christmas tree pick-up here. Instead, there was a handy listing of all the charities offering tree chipping services for a donation, as long as you brought the tree to them. The closest one to our house was at Hillside Centre, where our grocery store (Thrifty Foods) is. It wasn't too far so we decided to carry the tree there and get some fresh air despite the fact that it was raining, which prompted pretty well everyone to stare at us.

No comments: