Monday, March 31, 2008

My first rugby game

We left Jena at around 9am for a 2 o'clock game in Henningsdorf (close to Berlin). When we got there two hours early, because it only takes 3 hours or less to get to Berlin from here, we tossed the ball around until we got hungry...
And decided to go to hang out at McDonald's.
Unfortunately we were only 15 and that's how many people you need for a full team, which means no substitutions and also no pictures of the game. But here's me after the game, still in one piece despite our crushing 69-3 defeat. Good job on that field goal, Kevin. The guys we were playing against usually play in the league above ours, so at least we weren't surprised.
Here's Brent, another Canadian on the team. He usually tells me what the hell is going on when the German gets too complicated.
Post-crushing defeat smoke break. Actually I think only two of them are smokers.
After that we had a beer in the dressing room, a beer on the way back and a beer at the Irish pub. Although we got destroyed (on the field) I learned a lot and hopefully well do better next time. Today I'm sore.

No comments: