Monday, June 30, 2008

Gardening update

When I got back from Pomquete there was a poppy out.

Unfortunately, it was one of the seedling that was already on the verge of blooming when I bought it and not one of the seeds that was planted or any of the other seedlings that might be the right colour (red). This one also didn’t have a picture of the flower with it when I bought it and when I asked someone what it was to make sure it was a poppy the endless fountain of knowledge that was serving me answered “They’re perennials!”, which was what was written on the label in the biggest lettering. The other ones don’t seem to be flowering unfortunately L.

Here’s the garden with lots of basil and other herbs as well as tomatoes, peas, onions, cucumbers, beans and spinach.

A bed of poppies that doesn’t look hopeful.

Herbs, herbs and herbs

1 comment:

Julia said...

Maybe we'll have to have another plan for the flowers then. Or we could just wait and get married next year... (Just kidding.)