Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mad quilting skills

So you've all seen the quilt on here before, but now it's actually being quilted. This is quite a task since all I have is a small sewing machine from the 60s (maybe?) and the quilt is quite large.

To get to the center of the quilt, it has to be rolled from two opposite edges so that I can rotate the square I'm working on to make a spiral like pattern. Unfortunately the rolled up end pretty much fills up the space under the arm and is thus quit difficult to rotate all the material through (not well shown here since I've now moved away from the center).



But I'm slowly getting better or at least faster at it. Here you can see the first 16 squares and how they are quilted.



And, with the sides rolled up, I also looks like a slip 'n slide. Weee!!


4 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, the quilt is really long! I wonder at what point in the evening of the wedding we'll start using the quilt as a slip 'n slide...

Anonymous said...

I love the tremendous amount of blogging going on! It's a great distraction at work(through my sneaky way of viewing the blog). The quilt looks amazing!!!
Karen

dkaawipwdslkwla;glk'g0249
Owen's comment

Ru said...

my only real question is: are shirts illegal in new brunswick? that would be good to know before i pack for our trip... :)

Brandy said...

Looks amazing Jeremi - nice work!!!